Originally uploaded by Q_uilted T_hrifted
OK. This is how is looks right now. I have wanted to do something to personalize this for a couple years. Three weeks ago I needed something to occupy my mind and to cheer me up.
The nine-patches are the same size on the back as they are on the front. See blog post from yesterday to see the front of the quilt. The strips are 6 1/2 unfinished. I started there. I have 30+ ninepatches finished to go on the sides on the quilt and to finish the rows on the back.
I am not going to trim the sides until I have the entire back done and lay top and bottom together to see how they fit. This quilt is on a queen size bed in this picture. It will fit on a king as well by the time I am finished with it.
I have been wanting to try making free style letters for a long time. The first one I made is L and it is certainly the easiest.
The second letter wasn’t too bad. I just set the pieces alongside the L so they were about the same size.
This one was tougher and took more time. I told myself I was not going to redo any of the letters so I am going with this A.
Not difficult at all.
And then I sewed them together.